Through various programs, PCDIC invests in the community by supporting nonprofits, small businesses, community-focused organizations, and students across Maricopa county.
Verma & Ed Pastor Scholarship
The Verma and Ed Pastor Scholarship supports post-secondary education for students with financial need attending an accredited, public college or university in Maricopa county and pursuing any field of study. Students must be enrolled full-time. The scholarship gives preference to high school seniors, first-time college students, and re-entry students ages 26 and younger who currently reside in Maricopa county. This scholarship can be renewed for one additional year (maximum of two awards), if students are in good standing and maintain the required grade point average (GPA).
- Be an Arizona resident living in Maricopa county.
- Be a high school senior, first-time college student or re-entry student up to age 26.
- Have, and maintain, an unweighted cumulative academic GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
- Have been accepted into, or expect to be accepted into, an accredited public college or university in Maricopa county (e.g. Arizona State University or any Maricopa Community College) and be in pursuit of a certificate, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree.
Award amounts are $2,500 for one academic year at a 2-year college and $5,000 at a public university
Applications now open through May 1, 2023
To apply and for more information, please visit: https://azfoundation.org/scholarships.
Sponsored by the Phoenix IDA & PCDIC
Community Impact Loans
In partnership with community lending partners, the PCDIC is offering loans to nonprofit organizations for projects that create a social impact. Loans are generally made to improve the lives of vulnerable populations and underserved communities.
Community Impact Loans strengthen the financial capability of local nonprofits and help bring projects to fruition to achieve a greater impact.
- Bring financial resources to nonprofits and strengthens Arizona’s nonprofit sector.
- Provide access to capital that may not be available or affordable to nonprofits through traditional lenders.
- Leverage funds to create a broader community impact.
For more information and to apply for a loan, please contact Juan Salgado at 602-663-9978 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.